"FABRIC-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates link wire fabric machine to form linked wire mesh for flat bedsprings from stock wire, using work orders, knowledge of machine operation, and bending characteristics of wire: Studies work orders to determine dimensions and type of wire mesh required.
- 2) Selects tool and die elements from standardized stock or requests TOOL-AND-DIE MAKER to fabricate necessary elements.
- 3) Positions and fastens tool and die elements and cams into required arrangement in machine to cut and bend stock wire by action of sliding rams in coordinated sequence.
- 4) Places coils of wire on two reels, using forklift.
- 5) Feeds wire through drive wheels and between dies of slides, using handtools.
- 6) Starts machine to form and link together lengthwise and crosswise lengths to produce fabric of specified dimensions.
- 7) Inspects sample, using template and rule.
- 8) Adjusts setup to correct dimensions of wire fabric.
- 9) Gives directions to FABRIC-MACHINE OPERATORS II.
Is being a "FABRIC-MACHINE OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FABRIC-MACHINE OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FABRIC-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FABRIC-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 6625