Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates bench-mounted cutting machine to cut eyeglass lenses to specified size and shape: Selects metal pattern according to prescription specifications and mounts pattern in spring clamp of cutting machine.
- 2) Sets control dial for specified lens diameter plus allowance for edge grinding.
- 3) Aligns center and axis marks on lens with markings on pad of cutting machine and lowers cushioned pressure arm of machine which holds lens in position.
- 4) Lowers cutting arm over lens and turns crank which rotates lens under cutting wheel to determine if machine settings are correct.
- 5) Presses cutting arm down to hold cutting wheel against lens and turns crank to cut lens.
- 6) Removes lens from machine and chips excess material from lens edges, using chipping pliers.
- 7) Routes cut lenses to edging department.
Is being an "EYEGLASS-LENS CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EYEGLASS-LENS CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EYEGLASS-LENS CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EYEGLASS-LENS CUTTER"
Job Number: 3730