"EXTRUSION-PRESS OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates extrusion press and equipment to extrude and apply flux to wire and to brake, mark, and cut coated wire to form welding rods: Selects, positions, aligns, and bolts specified coating nozzle, spacers, wire guides, abrasive brushes, cutters, and marking wheels, to machine, using handtools.
- 2) Places slugs of compressed flux into feeding chamber on welding rod extrusion head.
- 3) Places boxes of specified wire core on tilter and pulls lever to dump wire into feeder.
- 4) Starts machine and observes movement of wire through machine to detect malfunctions.
- 5) Examines completed welding rods for cracks, voids, scores, or scuffs, and measures rods with fixed gauges to determine diameter and concentricity of flux coating.
- 6) Presses buttons to alter pressure of ram in feed action or speed wire feeder and turns screws to adjust coating nozzle or to position wire guides, spacers, and brushes to eliminate splits, scores, and burs.
- 7) May adjust controls to maintain specified temperature in ovens.
- 8) May assist in repair of machine and equipment.
- 9) May sort rods according to length.
Is being an "EXTRUSION-PRESS OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXTRUSION-PRESS OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXTRUSION-PRESS OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXTRUSION-PRESS OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 3726