Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends extractor tanks, distilling and condensing units, and auxiliary equipment that removes grease from bones for further processing: Loads bones into extractor tanks and bolts tank door, using wrench.
- 2) Turns valves to circulate naphtha and live steam through extractor tanks to dissolve and remove grease from bones.
- 3) Observes tank thermometer and color of vapor through viewing glass to determine when all grease has been removed.
- 4) Turns valves to circulate spent naphtha through distilling and condensing units.
- 5) Starts steam pump to force grease into treating tank.
- 6) Notifies other workers to start and stop screw conveyor that removes degreased bones from extractor.
- 7) Closes top valves and opens bottom valves on extractor tanks to flush naphtha from tank for processing subsequent batches of bones.
Is being an "EXTRACTOR-PLANT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXTRACTOR-PLANT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXTRACTOR-PLANT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXTRACTOR-PLANT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3713