Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that extracts salicylic acid from sodium salicylate solution by precipitation and dries salicylic acid by centrifugal force: Opens valves to pump sodium salicylate solution and required amount of sulfuric acid into extractor columns that absorb phenol from solution and cause precipitation of salicylic acid crystals.
- 2) Opens steam valves to heat extractors to specified temperature to increase rate of precipitation of salicylic acid.
- 3) Pumps off solution of sulfuric acid and phenol, and pumps slurry of salicylic acid through cooler to centrifugal drier.
- 4) Tends centrifugal drier that forces out water to dry salicylic acid.
- 5) Removes salicylic acid from drier and places acid into containers, using scraper and shovel.
Is being an "EXTRACTOR-AND-WRINGER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXTRACTOR-AND-WRINGER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXTRACTOR-AND-WRINGER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXTRACTOR-AND-WRINGER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3710