Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs, adjusts, and repairs recording and control instruments and structural components in experimental rocket sleds according to blueprints, using handtools, power tools, and test equipment: Mounts instruments, such as telemetering transmitter, strain gauges, and cameras on sled, using portable power drill, handtools, and soldering iron.
- 2) Inspects firing control circuits, instruments, and recording systems, using test equipment, such as ammeter, voltmeter, and oscilloscope.
- 3) Adjusts test settings for hydraulic or other braking mechanism.
- 4) Positions and secures ballast in sled to obtain specified weight distribution and balance.
- 5) Repairs firing control mechanisms, recording systems, and other structural and mechanical parts and devices after test completion, using handtools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- 6) May modify rocket motors or related hardware, using metal or composite reforming tools or welding equipment.
Is being an "EXPERIMENTAL-ROCKET-SLED MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXPERIMENTAL-ROCKET-SLED MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXPERIMENTAL-ROCKET-SLED MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXPERIMENTAL-ROCKET-SLED MECHANIC"
Job Number: 3687