Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates variety of machines to fabricate experimental motorcycles or components to meet operating and endurance standards required by blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions: Assembles motorcycle or components, using handtools.
- 2) Positions and clamps motorcycle on test rack.
- 3) Attaches test equipment, such as tachometers, thermocouples, pressure and strain gauges, flow and velocity meters, to motorcycles, using handtools.
- 4) Operates motorcycle at specified speeds and loads, and records meter and instrument readings on test records form.
- 5) Disassembles motorcycle and analyzes cause of defect in components, such as exhaust system, frame, hydraulic fork, spring, or wheels, using handtools or power tools, calipers, micrometers, gauges, and other measuring instruments.
- 6) Operates drill press, engine lathe, milling machine, or other machines to fabricate experimental motorcycle parts for testing, and secures test equipment to motorcycle, using jigs & fixtures.
- 7) Test rides motorcycle to verify performance and durability of motorcycle components.
- 8) Compiles and submits report to engineering department to show results of tests and recommendations for design or material changes.
Is being an "EXPERIMENTAL MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXPERIMENTAL MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXPERIMENTAL MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXPERIMENTAL MECHANIC"
Job Number: 3683