"EXPERIMENTAL MECHANIC, ELECTRICAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Builds, modifies, and tests electrical parts to improve motorcycle performance, using handtools, metal fabricating machines, and testing equipment: Positions and clamps parts in fixtures on test bench.
- 2) Attaches oscilloscope, pyrometer, voltmeter, spark tester, or other test equipment to armature coil, generator, spark plugs, voltage regulator, or other electrical parts.
- 3) Reads dials and meters to determine amperage, voltage, electrical output and input at specified operating temperature, and to detect open circuits, short circuits, or other electrical malfunctions.
- 4) Analyzes performance of parts tested to determine deviation from specifications.
- 5) Disassembles and examines parts to determine cause of malfunction, using handtools.
- 6) Operates drill press, grinders, engine lathe, or other machines to modify parts tested or to fabricate experimental parts for testing.
- 7) Compiles and submits reports of test results to engineering department and recommends design or material changes.
Is being an "EXPERIMENTAL MECHANIC, ELECTRICAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXPERIMENTAL MECHANIC, ELECTRICAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXPERIMENTAL MECHANIC, ELECTRICAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXPERIMENTAL MECHANIC, ELECTRICAL"
Job Number: 3684