"EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT MECHANIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects, tests, repairs, maintains, services, and modifies experimental and prototype aircraft, engines, accessories, and components according to governmental, company, and customer requirements: Assembles and installs aircraft electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and structural accessories and components, such as ejection seats, hatch mechanisms, and safety belts, using handtools and power tools.
- 2) Installs, operates, and adjusts test apparatus, such as recorders, oscillographs, limit switches, inverters, thermocouples, instruments, cameras, timing devices, and photo recorders.
- 3) Operates aircraft engines and systems, such as hydraulic, air-conditioning, pressurization, fuel, controls, and landing gear, to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment, such as hydraulic test bench, pressure ratio bench, water injection test cart, and ground power unit.
- 4) Repairs, adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems.
- 5) Modifies aircraft structure or components following drawings, engineering orders, and other technical publications, as required.
- 6) Services and maintains gaseous, liquid oxygen, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems on aircraft.
- 7) May specialize in testing and modifying spacecraft systems and be designated Experimental Mechanic, Spacecraft.
Is being an "EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT MECHANIC"
Job Number: 3681