"EXPANSION ENVELOPE MAKER, HAND"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Scores, folds, glues, and assembles precut cardboard blanks and cloth tape to make expanding envelopes, performing any combination of following tasks: Glues cloth tape to edges of strips of cardboard to reinforce expanding side pieces of envelopes.
- 2) Scores cardboard strips, using hand operated scoring machine or handtool, and bends gussets along scored lines to make accordion fold and attachment flaps.
- 3) Scores and folds cardboard lining blanks along edges to make surface for attachment of gussets.
- 4) Feeds lining blanks into machine that gums edges or spreads glue on edges with brush.
- 5) Positions gummed lining edges and gusset flaps together on forming block and places them in screw press or feeds them under roller press to seal them together.
- 6) Feeds envelope front and back sections into glue spreading machine to coat edges with glue and assembles sections with gussets and linings on wood form to complete expanding envelope.
- 7) May be designated according to part produced as Gusset Maker; or according to type of envelope as Five-Piece-Expansion Maker, Hand; One-Piece-Expansion Maker, Hand.
Is being an "EXPANSION ENVELOPE MAKER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXPANSION ENVELOPE MAKER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXPANSION ENVELOPE MAKER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXPANSION ENVELOPE MAKER, HAND"
Job Number: 3674