Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, designs, and oversees construction and installation of permanent and temporary exhibits and displays: Confers with administrative, curatorial, and exhibit staff members to determine theme, content, interpretative or informational purpose, and planned location of exhibit, to discuss budget, promotion, and time limitations, and to plan production schedule for fabrication and installation of exhibit components.
- 2) Prepares preliminary drawings of proposed exhibit, including detailed construction, layout, and special effect diagrams and material specifications, for final drawing rendition by other personnel, basing design and specifications on knowledge of artistic and technical concepts, principles, and techniques.
- 3) Submits plan for approval, and adapts plan as needed to serve intended purpose or to conform to budget or fabrication restrictions.
- 4) Oversees preparation of artwork and construction of exhibit components to ensure intended interpretation of concepts and conformance to structural and material specifications.
- 5) Arranges for acquisition of specimens or graphics or building of exhibit structures by outside contractors as needed to complete exhibit.
- 6) Inspects installed exhibit for conformance to specifications and satisfactory operation of special effects components.
- 7) Oversees placement of collection objects or informational materials in exhibit framework.
Is being an "EXHIBIT DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXHIBIT DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXHIBIT DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXHIBIT DESIGNER"
Job Number: 3671