Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Constructs and installs museum exhibit structures, electric wiring, and fixtures of materials, such as wood, plywood, and fiberglass, using handtools and power tools: Studies sketches or scale drawings for temporary or permanent display or exhibit structures, such as framework, fixtures, booths, or cabinets to determine type, amount, and cost of material needed.
- 2) Confers with exhibit planning and art personnel to discuss structural feasibility of plans and to suggest alternate methods of displaying objects in exhibit.
- 3) Cuts, assembles, and fastens parts to construct framework, panels, shelves, and other exhibit components of specified materials, using handtools and power tools.
- 4) Sprays or brushes paint, enamel, varnish, or other finish on structures, or creates special effects by applying finish with cloth, sponge, or fingers to prepare structure for addition of fittings.
- 5) Mounts fittings and fixtures, such as shelves, panelboards, and shadowboxes to framework, using handtools or adhesives.
- 6) Installs electrical wiring, fixtures, apparatus, audiovisual components, or control equipment in framework, according to design specifications.
- 7) Installs or affixes murals, photographs, mounted legend materials, and graphics in framework or on fixtures.
- 8) Assembles, installs, or arranges structures in exhibit galleries working with maintenance and installation personnel.
- 9) Tests electrical, electronic, and mechanical components of exhibit structure to verify operation.
- 10) May maintain inventory of building materials, tools, and equipment, and order supplies as needed for construction of exhibit fixtures.
- 11) May assign duties to and supervise work of carpentry, electrical, and other craftworkers engaged in constructing and installing exhibit components.
- 12) May assist in placement of display accessories and collection objects or specimens.
- 13) May be designated according to speciality as Exhibit Carpenter; Exhibit Electrician; or job location as Planetarium Sky Show Technician; Science Center Display Builder.
Is being an "EXHIBIT BUILDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXHIBIT BUILDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXHIBIT BUILDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXHIBIT BUILDER"
Job Number: 3670