Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Develops, implements, and coordinates exercise programs and administers medical tests, under physician's supervision, to program participants to promote physical fitness: Explains program and test procedures to participant.
- 2) Interviews participant to obtain vital statistics and medical history and records information.
- 3) Records heart activity, using electrocardiograph machine, while participant undergoes stress test on treadmill, under physician's supervision.
- 4) Measures oxygen consumption and lung functioning, using spirometer.
- 5) Measures amount of fat in body, using such equipment as hydrostatic scale, skinfold calipers, and tape measure, to assess body composition.
- 6) Performs routine laboratory test of blood samples for cholesterol level and glucose tolerance, or interprets test results.
- 7) Schedules other examinations and tests, such as physical examination, chest x ray, and urinalysis.
- 8) Records test data in patient's chart or enters data into computer.
- 9) Writes initial and follow-up exercise prescriptions for participants, following physician's recommendation, specifying equipment, such as treadmill, track, or bike.
- 10) Demonstrates correct use of exercise equipment and exercise routines.
- 11) Conducts individual and group aerobic, strength, and flexibility exercises.
- 12) Observes participants during exercise for signs of stress.
- 13) Teaches behavior modification classes, such as stress management, weight control, and related subjects.
- 14) Orders material and supplies and calibrates equipment.
- 15) May supervise work activities of other staff members.
Is being an "EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST"
Job Number: 3666