Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls evaporating equipment to concentrate suspensions and solutions to specified degree in vacuum tanks or pans: Pumps liquid into evaporator tank or vacuum pan.
- 2) Moves switches to start vacuum pumps and maintain specified pressure.
- 3) Turns valves to admit steam into evaporator chest, coils, tubes, or jackets and regulate steam input to maintain specified temperature.
- 4) Tests concentration of evaporated solution, using refractometer and hydrometer, and adjusts feeds, temperatures, and pressure accordingly.
- 5) Pumps concentrated liquid to storage.
- 6) May tend auxiliary equipment, such as settling tanks, preheating tanks, condensers, and cooling equipment.
- 7) May supervise workers weighing and mixing batches to predetermined formulas.
- 8) May pump batch through sterilizer.
- 9) May control chiller to reduce temperature of fresh citrus juice.
- 10) May be designated according to material evaporated as Evaporator Operator, Molasses; Tomato-Paste Maker.
Is being an "EVAPORATOR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EVAPORATOR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EVAPORATOR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EVAPORATOR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3655