"EVAPORATOR OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls single-stage or multiple-effect evaporators to concentrate chemical solutions to specified density by evaporation: Starts pumps and turns valves to admit liquid solution, steam, and cooling water into system.
- 2) Observes temperature, pressure, and vacuum gauge readings and adjusts pumps to conform to specifications.
- 3) Turns feed valves to regulate flow of solution through system and to obtain specified concentration.
- 4) Tests solution pumped from last effect, using hydrometer, to ascertain that solution is concentrated to specified density.
- 5) Observes manometers and looks through sight glass to ensure that steam vapors are not carried to next effect with solution.
- 6) Tests steam condensate with reagents to detect contaminated solution.
- 7) May control equipment from instrumented control board.
- 8) May tend equipment, such as preheaters, thickeners, settlers, and filters, that prepare solution for evaporation.
- 9) May clean evaporator shell and tube nest with chemical to remove scale.
- 10) May operate multiple-effect unit as one or more single evaporators.
Is being an "EVAPORATOR OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EVAPORATOR OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EVAPORATOR OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EVAPORATOR OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 3656