Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Etches designs, lettering, and figures on processed plates of brass, steel, copper, zinc, magnesium, or plastic: Mixes acid solution according to formula, and pours mixture into etching tank.
- 2) Places plate on rack in etching tank, sets tank timing controls, and starts machine that sprays plate with corrosive solution.
- 3) Removes plate periodically, and measures depth to which metal has been etched, using gauge.
- 4) Inspects plate to ensure that design is not undercut.
- 5) Washes plate to remove etching powder and protective ink.
- 6) May brush etching powder on surface of plate to prevent undercutting of reproduction.
Is being an "ETCHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ETCHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ETCHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ETCHER"
Job Number: 3641