Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Etches metal photographic plates to produce photoengraved printing plates, using etching machines, handtools, and chemicals: Mixes caustic or acid solutions according to type metal plate being etched.
- 2) Brushes protective solution on back and edges of metal plate to protect plate during etching process.
- 3) Brushes protective powder over photographic emulsion on plate to protect printing design.
- 4) Bakes plate to adhere powder to design, using gas heating plate.
- 5) Mounts plate in etching machine and starts machine that sprays acid or caustic solution against plate to etch areas not protected by resist solution or powder.
- 6) Removes and measures plate to determine depth of etching, using depth gauge, and remounts plate in machine when etching has not attained specified depth.
- 7) Washes and scrubs etched plates to remove resist solutions and photographic emulsion, using brush and caustic solution.
- 8) Dries plates, using chamois cloth.
- 9) Matches colors with original artwork of multicolor photographic plates to produce balanced color valves, applying knowledge of photographic printing process.
- 10) May weigh plates before and after etching to determine amounts of etching solutions to be added to machine, using scales.
- 11) May be designated according to type of plate etched as Copper Etcher; Zinc Etcher.
Is being an "ETCHER, PHOTOENGRAVING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ETCHER, PHOTOENGRAVING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ETCHER, PHOTOENGRAVING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ETCHER, PHOTOENGRAVING"
Job Number: 3648