"ESTIMATOR, PAPERBOARD BOXES"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Estimates cost of manufacturing paperboard boxes, according to specifications, blueprints, and diagrams, using tables, charts, and arithmetic calculations: Confers with plant production personnel to select machines for possible use in manufacturing boxes.
- 2) Reads tables to estimate cost of each production operation.
- 3) Determines positions of pattern on blank to minimize waste and facilitate operations on machines.
- 4) Calculates total material to be used and total material cost, using calculator and considering quantity, quality, and style of box, packaging, and delivery rates.
- 5) Submits total estimate to sales department.
- 6) May estimate cost of manufacturing boxes made from other types of materials.
Is being an "ESTIMATOR, PAPERBOARD BOXES" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ESTIMATOR, PAPERBOARD BOXES" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ESTIMATOR, PAPERBOARD BOXES"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ESTIMATOR, PAPERBOARD BOXES"
Job Number: 3636