"ESTIMATOR AND DRAFTER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Draws up specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers: Studies work order request to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- 2) Visits site of proposed installation and draws rough sketch of location.
- 3) Takes measurements, such as street dimensions, distances to be spanned by wire and cable, or space available in existing buildings and underground vaults which affect installation and arrangement of equipment.
- 4) Estimates materials, equipment, and incidentals needed for installation.
- 5) Draws master sketch showing relation of proposed installation to existing facilities.
- 6) Makes other drawings, such as pertaining to wiring connections or cross sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- 7) Consults POWER-DISTRIBUTION ENGINEER on difficulties encountered.
- 8) May draft sketches to scale.
- 9) May estimate labor and material costs, using pricelists and records on previous projects.
- 10) May inspect completed installation of electrical equipment and related building circuitry to verify conformance with specifications.
- 11) May perform duties of LAND SURVEYOR and prepare specifications and diagrams for installation of gas distribution pipes owned by gas-electric utility.
Is being an "ESTIMATOR AND DRAFTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ESTIMATOR AND DRAFTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ESTIMATOR AND DRAFTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ESTIMATOR AND DRAFTER"
Job Number: 3634