Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cleans and sterilizes machinery, utensils, and equipment used to process or store products, such as chemicals, paint, food, or beverages: Turns valves to drain machines or tanks and disconnects pipes, using wrenches.
- 2) Sprays machines, tanks, and conveyors with water to loosen and remove dirt or other foreign matter.
- 3) Scrubs machines, tanks, tables, pans, bowls, compartments, and conveyors, using brushes, rags, cleaning preparations, and diluted acids.
- 4) Rinses articles with water, and dries them with compressed air.
- 5) Scrubs floors and walls, using brushes, rags, and diluted acids.
- 6) Connects hoses and lines to pump and starts pump to circulate cleaning and sterilizing solution through hoses and lines.
- 7) Scrubs interior of disconnected pipes, valves, spigots, gauges, and meters, using spiral brushes.
- 8) Mixes cleaning solutions and diluted acids, according to formula.
- 9) Draws off samples of cleaning solutions from mixing tanks for laboratory analysis.
- 10) May replace defective sections of metal coils and lines, using handtools, soldering iron, and pipe couplings.
- 11) May lubricate machinery.
- 12) May be designated according to equipment cleaned as Beer-Coil Cleaner; Lard-Tub Washer; Line Cleaner; Pipe Washer.
- 13) May sterilize equipment and be designated Equipment Sterilizer.
Is being an "EQUIPMENT CLEANER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EQUIPMENT CLEANER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EQUIPMENT CLEANER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EQUIPMENT CLEANER"
Job Number: 3624