"EPITAXIAL REACTOR TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates computer-controlled epitaxial reactor to grow layer of semiconductor material on wafer surface, following written specifications: Removes semiconductor wafers from tray, using vacuum wand, and cleans wafers, using blow-off wand.
- 2) Positions wafers on carousel and aligns carousel on baseplate of reactor.
- 3) Enters processing data into computer to start rotation of baseplate and to activate vacuum pump and epitaxial growth process program.
- 4) Observes display screen to monitor epitaxial growth process.
- 5) Inspects wafers for defects, such as scratches, growths, and pits, and calculates defects per square inch, using calculator.
- 6) Measures thickness and bow of wafer and thickness and photo-luminescence of epitaxial layer, using gauges and test equipment.
- 7) Calculates surface area of wafer surface, using calculator.
- 8) Inscribes line on wafer, using metal scribe, and breaks off section of wafer.
- 9) Cuts line on light bar sample to isolate die, using wafer saw, and measures brightness of die, using probe tester.
- 10) Constructs sheet metal housing and installs and repairs electrical wiring, water and gas lines, switches, and gauges on reactor following oral instructions, blueprints, and specifications, using handtools and power tools.
- 11) Checks replacement gas cylinder for leaks before installing on reactor, using leak detector.
- 12) Connects reactor to computer, using handtools and power tools.
- 13) Enters information into computer, using keyboard, to activate program to clean reactor, and cleans and replaces reactor accessories, such as bell jar and carousel.
- 14) Maintains production records.
Is being an "EPITAXIAL REACTOR TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EPITAXIAL REACTOR TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EPITAXIAL REACTOR TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EPITAXIAL REACTOR TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 3620