Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, directs, and conducts studies concerned with incidence of disease in industrial settings and effects of industrial chemicals on health: Confers with industry representatives to select occupational groups for study and to arrange for collection of data concerning work history of individuals and disease concentration and mortality rates among groups.
- 2) Plans methods of conducting epidemiological studies and provides detailed specifications for collecting data to personnel participating in studies.
- 3) Develops codes to facilitate computer input of demographic and epidemiological data for use by data processing personnel engaged in programming epidemiological statistics.
- 4) Compares statistics on causes of death among members of selected working populations with those among general population, using life-table analyses.
- 5) Analyzes data collected to determine probable effects of work settings and activities on disease and mortality rates, using valid statistical techniques and knowledge of epidemiology.
- 6) Presents data in designated statistical format to illustrate common patterns among workers in selected occupations.
- 7) Initiates and maintains contacts with statistical and data processing managers in other agencies to maintain access to epidemiological source materials.
- 8) Evaluates materials from all sources for addition to or amendment of epidemiological data bank.
- 9) Plans and directs activities of clerical and statistical personnel engaged in tabulation and analysis of epidemiological information to ensure accomplishment of objectives.
Is being an "ENVIRONMENTAL EPIDEMIOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENVIRONMENTAL EPIDEMIOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENVIRONMENTAL EPIDEMIOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENVIRONMENTAL EPIDEMIOLOGIST"
Job Number: 3618