Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Makes ready and operates press to engrave decorative designs or lettering on announcements, greeting and business cards, letterheads, and related items, following operating procedures outlined on job order: Installs appropriate die and inking rollers on ram, using wrench.
- 2) Cuts out and fastens paper template to bed of press to maintain flatness of finished cards or sheets.
- 3) Inserts and adjusts roll of wiping paper that automatically cleans die between impressions.
- 4) Thins ink to desired consistency and fills ink fountain.
- 5) Starts press to obtain proof copy.
- 6) Examines proof and adjusts press and ink fountain to obtain uniform indentation and color registration.
- 7) Starts press and feeds cards or sheets to be engraved onto bed of press.
Is being an "ENGRAVING-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGRAVING-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGRAVING-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGRAVING-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3608