Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Engraves monograms, coats of arms, and ornamental designs on glass and glassware, using copper, steel, or stone wheels: Traces or sketches design on glass or glassware, using stencil and china-marking pencil, chalk, or brush pen.
- 2) Mounts wheel of specified size and miter on lathe.
- 3) Pours water in pans beneath abrasive cutting wheel to cool wheel and prevent dust when grinding glass.
- 4) Starts lathe and holds glass or glassware against outer edge of wheel, twisting and turning article so that wheel will grind glass according to marked design.
- 5) May originate and suggest designs to customer or management.
- 6) May dress and shape cutting wheels by holding dressing stone against rotating wheel.
- 7) May brush or smear abrasive on cutting wheel.
- 8) May polish engravings, using felt and cork wheels.
- 9) May be designated according to type of wheel used as Steel-Wheel Engraver.
Is being an "ENGRAVER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGRAVER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGRAVER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGRAVER"
Job Number: 3588