Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Engraves characters and designs in surface of die according to customers' copy or specification, and casts corresponding male die for use in seals, such as corporate or notary seals: Marks vertical centerline on blank or prestamped dies, using compass.
- 2) Selects style and size of characters and visually spaces characters from centerline to obtain symmetry.
- 3) Engraves characters in surface of die, using hand stamps and mallet, and restamps closed or distorted characters.
- 4) Cleans die, using wire brush.
- 5) Installs finished female die in device used to impress die in molten seal metal to form male die.
- 6) Melts metal in gas-fired crucible and ladles metal onto aluminum foil sheet placed on base of splash.
- 7) Drops die into metal and allows it to cool.
- 8) Removes dies from splash, files notch in both to ensure alignment in seal press, and trims excess metal from counter, using knife.
- 9) Oils faces of dies to prevent sticking.
- 10) Applies adhesive fabric to base and ram of press and aligns and mounts dies.
- 11) Imprints seal on purchase order to verify copy.
Is being an "ENGRAVER, SEALS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGRAVER, SEALS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGRAVER, SEALS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGRAVER, SEALS"
Job Number: 3605