"ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Engraves specified characters on metal blanks of articles, such as trophies, trays, badges, and plaques, according to work order: Positions and locks blank metal plate in holding fixture beneath rotary cutting tool.
- 2) Selects specified lettering template and places template beneath stylus attached to machine cutting tool.
- 3) Turns knob on machine to set reduction scale to obtain required reproduction ratio on metal plate.
- 4) Starts machine and guides stylus over template, causing cutting tool to simultaneously duplicate characters on metal plate.
- 5) Cleans chips from metal plate, using airhose.
- 6) Examines engraving for quality of cut, burrs, and rough spots.
- 7) May increase or decrease depth of cut by adjusting height of worktable.
- 8) May wipe acid over engraving to darken or highlight inscription.
- 9) May assemble trophies, using wood base, bolts, and wrench.
Is being an "ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH II"
Job Number: 3601