"ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates pantograph engraving machine to engrave designs or lettering on engraving dies, nameplates, stamps or seals, following two or three-dimensional pattern or blueprint: Positions and secures pattern to workpiece on cutting table, using rule, square, calipers, and fixtures.
- 2) Sets reduction scale and controls of pantograph to attain specified size of reproduction on workpiece and height, depth, and width of cut.
- 3) Sharpens cutting tools on cutter grinder.
- 4) Inserts cutting tool into spindle of machine and secures it with wrench.
- 5) Starts machine and lowers stylus to beginning point on pattern.
- 6) Guides stylus over pattern.
- 7) Observes action of cutting tool and adjusts movement of stylus to ensure accurate reproduction and verifies conformance to specifications, using micrometers and calipers.
- 8) May observe action of cutting tool through microscope.
Is being an "ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGRAVER, PANTOGRAPH I"
Job Number: 3600