"ENGRAVER, HAND, HARD METALS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out and cuts lettering and designs on surfaces of hard metal for hobs, dies, and molds or plates used to imprint designs on paper, metal, plastic, or porcelain products, following sketches and blueprints, and using engraving tools: Computes dimensions of lettering and design, and marks or scribes layout lines on workpiece, using drawing tools, such as straightedge, compass, and scriber.
- 2) Positions workpiece in vise and cuts designs in surface of workpiece or trims precut designs, using gravers, punches, files, hammer, and shaped chisels.
- 3) Sharpens and forms cutting edge of gravers on cutter grinder.
- 4) May sketch original design for customer.
- 5) May enlarge or reduce reproduction of pattern according to size of article to be made.
- 6) May brush surface of metal with acidproof paint to prevent corrosion.
- 7) May be designated according to type of imprinting device engraved as Stencil Maker.
Is being an "ENGRAVER, HAND, HARD METALS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGRAVER, HAND, HARD METALS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGRAVER, HAND, HARD METALS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGRAVER, HAND, HARD METALS"
Job Number: 3595