Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Carves designs and lettering in wooden blocks or rollers used to print articles, such as cloth, greeting cards, and posters following sketch or photograph, using gravers handtools and machines: Traces or draws design on wooden block or roller, using pencil, ruler, dividers, or pantograph.
- 2) Cuts design in block or roller, using wood-carving and engraving tools and power router.
- 3) Rounds and bevels top edges, smooths sides and base, and cuts sharp angles, ridges, and joints to produce detail in printing and to finish type, using file and knife.
- 4) Carves separate block for each color of multicolor pattern.
- 5) May design pattern for use in cloth printing.
- 6) May carve lettering and designs freehand.
- 7) May cut and bend metal strips to conform to contours of design, using files, pliers, and pincers, and force strips into grooves of block to produce raised printing surface.
- 8) May operate copy camera to produce negative from photograph or drawing of design.
Is being an "ENGRAVER, BLOCK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGRAVER, BLOCK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGRAVER, BLOCK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGRAVER, BLOCK"
Job Number: 3594