"ENGINEERING MODEL MAKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates variety of machines to fabricate tooling, patterns, parts, and models for electronic, mechanical or electromechanical instruments, devices, or equipment, such as electromedical and computer equipment; measuring, indicating, and controlling instruments; and surgical and navigational instruments, according to engineering blueprints and specifications: Studies drawings and sketches of proposed product and confers with engineering personnel to plan design details and model operation.
- 2) Determines machines, tooling, and sequence of operation necessary to produce model parts, tooling, dies, or patterns, utilizing knowledge of machining and fabricating techniques.
- 3) Lays out reference points and dimensions on assorted materials, such as metals, plastic, and synthetic resins, using measuring instruments and work aids.
- 4) Fits and assembles parts, using handtools or power tools.
- 5) Wires and solders electrical and electronic connections and components.
- 6) Inspects and tests model or other product to verify conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers, and test equipment, such as multimeter and oscilloscope.
- 7) Suggests structural or operational modifications or reworks component parts as required to ensure performance of equipment or parts meets standards.
- 8) May consult with engineering personnel to evaluate design and performance factors.
- 9) May specialize in fabricating, testing, and adjusting prototype models of electromedical equipment and be designated Medical-Apparatus Model Maker.
Is being an "ENGINEERING MODEL MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGINEERING MODEL MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGINEERING MODEL MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGINEERING MODEL MAKER"
Job Number: 3583