Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies and analyzes surface and subsurface soils to determine characteristics for construction, development, or land planning: Inspects proposed construction site, and sets up test equipment and drilling machinery to obtain data and soil and rock samples.
- 2) Analyzes data and soil samples through field and laboratory analysis, to determine type, classification, characteristics, and stability of soil.
- 3) Computes bearing weights, prepares maps, charts, and reports of test results.
- 4) May make recommendations regarding foundation design, slope angles, grading or building heights.
- 5) May participate in environmental studies and prepare environmental impact reports.
Is being an "ENGINEER, SOILS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGINEER, SOILS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGINEER, SOILS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGINEER, SOILS"
Job Number: 3578