Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and coordinates operation and maintenance activities of radio, television broadcasting, or satellite uplink transmitter station in accordance with rules and regulations of Federal Communications Commission: Establishes procedures and standards for operation and maintenance of transmitter equipment.
- 2) Trains workers to interpret readings and indicator lights on control console and picture on video monitor, and to determine operating adjustments required to obtain uniform audio sound level and video picture of specified clarity and color.
- 3) Tunes or directs worker to tune transmitter to ensure signal emissions and radiation do not infringe on frequencies or broadcast area of other stations, and to obtain optimum operational performance of transmitting equipment.
- 4) Trains workers in diagnosing causes of transmitter malfunctions, using test equipment, and in repairing or jury-rigging equipment to return transmitter to operational status.
- 5) Establishes procedures for testing of transmitter equipment, performance of preventative maintenance activities, and operation of equipment during test of Emergency Broadcast System.
- 6) Develops, plans, and prepares schematic drawings designed to modify and improve existing transmitter equipment, and directs and coordinates equipment modification activities to prevent interruptions in transmitting operations.
- 7) Prepares work schedules for TRANSMITTER OPERATORS.
- 8) May remove and repair, or assist workers to remove and repair equipment, using handtools, such as screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers.
- 9) Must hold first class radiotelephone license issued by Federal Communications Commission.
Is being an "ENGINEER-IN-CHARGE, TRANSMITTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGINEER-IN-CHARGE, TRANSMITTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGINEER-IN-CHARGE, TRANSMITTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGINEER-IN-CHARGE, TRANSMITTER"
Job Number: 3580