"ENGINEER-IN-CHARGE, STUDIO OPERATIONS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and coordinates radio or television station activities concerned with acquisition, installation, and maintenance, or with modification of studio broadcasting equipment: Evaluates studio needs for new broadcasting equipment to determine if acquisition would be justified considering such factors as cost, availability, and improvement gain in technical performance, and authorizes acquisition according to evaluation.
- 2) Directs activities concerned with layout and design of electrical circuitry for acquired equipment to ensure conformance with codes and safety regulations.
- 3) Establishes procedures for operation and maintenance of studio, remote control, and microwave transmission equipment.
- 4) Inspects, and directs testing and maintenance of studio, remote, and airborne broadcasting equipment to ensure operational performance meets company standards and rules and regulations of Federal Communications Commission.
- 5) Develops modification plans for existing broadcasting equipment to improve technical performance.
- 6) Directs modification and testing of equipment to ensure operational performance meets specified standards.
- 7) Prepares repair and maintenance schedules for studio, remote, and airborne broadcasting equipment to prevent interruption of broadcasts.
- 8) Contacts telephone company personnel to ensure leased landlines or microwave facilities are operative and available for network broadcasting.
- 9) May inspect and direct repair and maintenance of unmanned stations.
- 10) Must hold First Class Radiotelephone License issued by FCC.
Is being an "ENGINEER-IN-CHARGE, STUDIO OPERATIONS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGINEER-IN-CHARGE, STUDIO OPERATIONS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGINEER-IN-CHARGE, STUDIO OPERATIONS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGINEER-IN-CHARGE, STUDIO OPERATIONS"
Job Number: 3579