Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests performance of new and overhauled aircraft engines, such as turboprop, turbofan, turbojet, and cylinder-type, and interprets test data: Positions or directs other workers in positioning engine on test stand, using hoist or overhead crane.
- 2) Connects oil and fuel lines, instruments, controls, and engine accessories, such as generators, magnetos, and fuel injectors, using handtools.
- 3) Connects testing instruments, such as dynamometers and manometers, to engine.
- 4) Starts and operates engine for specified time at various speeds.
- 5) Reads and records test data, such as speed, temperature, oil pressure, fuel consumption, and exhaust pressure.
- 6) Calculates performance of engine at various speeds, using test data, standard formulas, computer or calculator.
- 7) Signs off tested engines as ready for service or indicates reasons for rejection based on analysis of test data.
- 8) Must be licensed by or perform work under licensure of Federal Aviation Administration.
- 9) May operate computerized test equipment to enter, retrieve, and compute test data and be designated Test Cell Technician.
Is being an "ENGINE TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGINE TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGINE TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGINE TESTER"
Job Number: 3574