Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assigns engines to LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEERS for train runs or for switching operations at railroad yard, industrial plant, quarry, construction project, or similar location: Reads train orders or switching orders to ascertain length of run scheduled, type and tonnage of cargo to be transported, or number of switch engines required to complete switching assignments for day.
- 2) Assigns engine according to size and horsepower and records number and type of engine assigned.
- 3) Keeps records of number of engines and types of engines available, in use, and in repair or service shops.
- 4) Notifies HOSTLER when engine can be delivered to switching crew or train crew.
- 5) When employed by establishment other than railroad, may be designated Dispatcher, Industrial Locomotive.
Is being an "ENGINE DISPATCHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENGINE DISPATCHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENGINE DISPATCHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENGINE DISPATCHER"
Job Number: 3571