Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects homes of utility company customers to identify conditions that cause energy waste and suggests actions to reduce waste: Interviews customer to obtain data relating to household energy use, such as type of heating system, number of persons home during day, furnace temperature setting, and prior heating costs.
- 2) Draws sketch of house, measures house perimeter, windows, and doors, using tape measure, and records dimensions on sketch for use in heat-loss calculations.
- 3) Inspects areas of house, such as attics, crawl spaces, and basements, and notes conditions that contribute to energy waste, such as loose-fitting windows, uninsulated pipes, and deficient insulation.
- 4) Reads hot water tank label to ascertain tank heat-loss rating and determine need for tank insulation blanket.
- 5) Examines furnace air filters and heat exchanger to detect dirt in filters and soot buildup in exchanger that retard efficient furnace operation.
- 6) Confers with customer and recommends action to be taken to reduce energy waste, such as weatherstripping, reducing hot water temperature setting, and adding insulation.
- 7) Informs customer of types and prices of energy efficiency items sold by utility.
- 8) Gives customer pamphlets describing energy conservation improvements and sources of loans.
- 9) Occasionally wraps insulating blanket around hot water tank, using adhesive strips.
- 10) Calculates area of windows and house volume, using calculator, and records results on computer input form to provide data for computer calculation of heat-loss estimates that are mailed to customer.
Is being an "ENERGY-CONSERVATION REPRESENTATIVE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ENERGY-CONSERVATION REPRESENTATIVE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ENERGY-CONSERVATION REPRESENTATIVE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ENERGY-CONSERVATION REPRESENTATIVE"
Job Number: 3570