Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that imparts raised design or finish on cloth, coated fabrics, or plastic sheeting, by means of heat and pressure from engraved steel rollers: Adjusts automatic device that regulates heat, or turns valve to admit steam to rollers.
- 2) Slides bar through center of material roll and lifts it onto machine feed brackets.
- 3) Threads material between rollers and laps end onto takeup tube.
- 4) Starts machine and moves controls to adjust speed, pressure of rollers, and tension of material.
- 5) Observes material as it passes through machine to prevent seams, rolled selvages, or trash from damaging rollers.
- 6) May guide material by hand.
- 7) May verify temperature of roller, using pyrometer.
- 8) May sew cuts of cloth together, using portable sewing machine.
- 9) May be designated according to material embossed as Silk-Crepe-Machine Operator.
- 10) May tend machine that imparts artificial graining, size, trademark, or other designs to sweatbands and be designated Sweatband-Decorating-Machine Operator.
- 11) Important variables may be indicated by trade names of machine used.
Is being an "EMBOSSER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EMBOSSER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EMBOSSER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EMBOSSER"
Job Number: 3530