Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine to emboss designs on paper and plastics-coated textile and cut materials according to work orders: Positions material and pressure and engraved embossing rolls on machine frame, using hoist.
- 2) Installs and adjusts cutting disks and fastens collars on shafts to secure rolls, using rule, wrench, and screwdriver.
- 3) Threads material through rolls and around cutters, adjusts feed guides, and starts machine.
- 4) Turns air valve to regulate pressure of pressing roll on embossing roll and turns handwheel to adjust tension on material.
- 5) Observes feeding, embossing, and cutting of material, and makes adjustments.
- 6) Scrapes dirt from pressing roll and cleans it with solvent.
- 7) May adjust counterweight device or move lever or clutch to regulate pressure on rolls.
- 8) May regulate flow of steam into rolls to counteract paper curling and to obtain desired depth of embossing and surface shine on paper.
- 9) May tend winding machine to wind material onto rolls.
- 10) May emboss paper between tinted rollers.
- 11) May feed paper sheets into machine and be designated Sheeter Operator.
Is being an "EMBOSSER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EMBOSSER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EMBOSSER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EMBOSSER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3531