Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares bodies for interment in conformity with legal requirements: Washes and dries body, using germicidal soap and towels or hot air drier.
- 2) Inserts convex celluloid or cotton between eyeball and eyelid to prevent slipping and sinking of eyelid.
- 3) Presses diaphragm to evacuate air from lungs.
- 4) May join lips, using needle and thread or wire.
- 5) Packs body orifices with cotton saturated with embalming fluid to prevent escape of gases or waste matter.
- 6) Makes incision in arm or thigh, using scalpel, inserts pump tubes into artery, and starts pump that drains blood from circulatory system and replaces blood with embalming fluid.
- 7) Incises stomach and abdominal walls and probes internal organs, such as bladder and liver, using trocar to withdraw blood and waste matter from organs.
- 8) Attaches trocar to pump-tube, starts pump, and repeats probing to force embalming fluid into organs.
- 9) Closes incisions, using needle and suture.
- 10) Reshapes or reconstructs disfigured or maimed bodies, using materials, such as clay, cotton, plaster of paris, and wax.
- 11) Applies cosmetics to impart lifelike appearance.
- 12) Dresses body and places body in casket.
- 13) May arrange funeral details, such as type of casket or burial dress and place of interment.
- 14) May maintain records, such as itemized list of clothing or valuables delivered with body and names of persons embalmed.
Is being an "EMBALMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EMBALMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EMBALMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EMBALMER"
Job Number: 3523