Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates elevator to transport passengers between floors of office building, apartment house, department store, hotel, or similar establishment: Pushes buttons or moves lever to control movement of elevator on signal or instructions from passengers or others.
- 2) Opens and closes safety gate and door of elevator at each floor where stop is made.
- 3) Supplies information to passengers, such as location of offices, merchandise, and individuals.
- 4) May perform other duties, such as distributing mail to various floors, answering telephone, preventing unauthorized persons from entering building, and assisting other employees to load and unload freight.
- 5) May sweep or vacuum elevator.
- 6) May be designated according to location of elevator operated as Front-Elevator Operator.
Is being an "ELEVATOR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELEVATOR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELEVATOR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELEVATOR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3514