Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates and finishes duplicate electrotype printing plates, according to specifications, using handtools, electroplating equipment, and metal casting, trimming, and forming machines: Forms plastic mold of composed type and cuts, using sheet-molding fiber and hydraulic press.
- 2) Sprays mold with silver solution and immerses mold in plating tank.
- 3) Separates mold from plated shell and fills back of shell with molten lead to form plate, using pouring ladle or casting machine.
- 4) Removes excess metal from edges and back of plate, using power shear and milling machines.
- 5) Examines plate to detect imperfect formation of halftone dots, lines, and type, using magnifier, and corrects defects, using engraver's handtools, punches, and hammer.
- 6) Mounts finished plates on wood or metal blocks for flatbed presses or curves plate for cylinder presses, using hammer, nails, bonding press, or plate-curving machine.
- 7) Removes excess metal from nonprinting areas of plate surface, using radial or cylindrical routing machine.
- 8) May operate proof press to obtain proof of plate reproduction and registration.
- 9) May revise plates to customer's specifications.
- 10) May be known according to task performed as Electrotype Caster; Electrotype Molder.
Is being an "ELECTROTYPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTROTYPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTROTYPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTROTYPER"
Job Number: 3508