Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs variety of electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical tests on electronic systems, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications or to determine cause of unit failure, using electronic test instruments: Reads test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- 2) Tests functional performance of systems, subassemblies, and parts under specified environmental conditions, such as temperature change, vibration, pressure, and humidity, using testing devices, such as temperature cabinets, shake-test machines, and centrifuges.
- 3) Calibrates test instruments according to specifications.
- 4) Connects unit to be tested to test equipment, such as signal generator, frequency meter, or spectrum analyzer.
- 5) Reads dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics, such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance, and capacitance.
- 6) Compares results with specifications and records test data or plots test results on graph.
- 7) Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause of failure, applying knowledge of electronic theory and using electronic test equipment.
- 8) Replaces defective wiring and components, using handtools and soldering iron, or records defects on tag attached to unit and returns unit to production department for repair.
- 9) Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems.
- 10) May write computer programs to control semiconductor device and electronic component test equipment prior to testing, utilizing knowledge of programming techniques, electronics, test equipment, and testing specifications.
- 11) May explain and demonstrate testing procedures to other workers.
- 12) May verify dimensions of pins, shafts, and other mechanical parts, using calipers, vernier gauges, and micrometers.
- 13) May operate x-ray equipment to verify internal assembly and alignment of parts according to specifications.
- 14) May devise test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units.
- 15) May be designated according to unit tested as Memory-Unit Test Technician; Television-Receiver Analyzer; Transmitter Tester; Tube-Test Technician.
Is being an "ELECTRONICS TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRONICS TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRONICS TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRONICS TESTER"
Job Number: 3497