Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs electronic equipment, such as computers, industrial controls, audio and video systems, radar systems, telemetering and missile control systems, transmitters, antennas, and servomechanisms, following blueprints and manufacturers' specifications, and using handtools and test instruments: Converses with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown, and to determine if breakdown is due to human error or mechanical problems.
- 2) Tests faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- 3) Tests electronic components and circuits to locate defects, using oscilloscopes, signal generators, ammeters, and voltmeters.
- 4) Replaces defective components and wiring and adjusts mechanical parts, using handtools and soldering iron.
- 5) Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications.
- 6) Calibrates testing instruments.
- 7) Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- 8) May enter information into computer to copy program from one electronic component to another, or to draw, modify or to store schematics, applying knowledge of software package used.
- 9) May install equipment in industrial or military establishments and in aircraft and missiles.
- 10) May operate equipment, such as communication equipment or missile control systems in ground and flight test, and be required to hold license from governmental agency.
- 11) May be designated according to type of equipment repaired as Customer-Engineering Specialist; Electronics Mechanic, Computer; Radar Mechanic; Voting-Machine Repairer.
Is being an "ELECTRONICS MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRONICS MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRONICS MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRONICS MECHANIC"
Job Number: 3494