Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to inspect electronic systems, assemblies, subassemblies, components, and parts for conformance to specifications, following blueprints, drawings, and production and assembly manuals: Examines layout and installation of wiring, cables, subassemblies, hardware, and components to detect assembly errors.
- 2) Compares assembly with parts list to detect missing hardware.
- 3) Examines joints, using magnifying glass and mirror, and pulls wires and cables to locate soldering defects.
- 4) Examines alignment of parts and measures parts for conformance to specified dimensions, using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, vernier calipers, and gauges.
- 5) Twists dials, knobs, shafts, and gears to verify freedom of movement.
- 6) Traces cables and harness assemblies, following cable wiring diagram, to verify routing of wires to specified connections and conformance of cable lacing and insulation to manufacturing standards.
- 7) Measures plated areas for uniformity and thickness, using micrometers or dial indicators.
- 8) Verifies location of bolt and rivet holes, using templates, check fixtures, and precision measuring instruments.
- 9) Examines parts for surface defects, such as chips, scratches, and pinholes.
- 10) Examines production documents to ensure that all assembly, inspecting, and testing steps were performed according to specifications.
- 11) Calculates percentage of defective parts, using calculator.
- 12) Records inspection data, such as serial number, type and percent of defects, and rework required.
- 13) Resolders broken connections on components and parts.
- 14) Performs functional and operational tests, using electronic test equipment such as frequency meter, oscilloscope, and signal generator, or performs destructive tests to determine tensile strength of product or part.
- 15) May inspect and lay out optic axis of raw quartz crystals, using optical inspection equipment, and be designated Inspector, Raw Quartz.
- 16) May inspect parts at random and be designated Check Inspector.
- 17) May inspect units on assembly line and be designated In-Process Inspector or final product and be designated Final Inspector.
- 18) May be designated according to type of unit inspected as Inspector, Subassemblies; Inspector, Tubes.
Is being an "ELECTRONICS INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRONICS INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRONICS INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRONICS INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 3493