"ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT REPAIRER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs electronic equipment, such as radio and television receivers, radio transmitters, speakers, amplifiers, and related antenna and cable assemblies, according to product specifications, manufacturing instructions and diagrams, using test equipment, handtools, and soldering iron: Reads inspection tag and examines unit to locate defects, such as broken wires, burned-out components, or scratches on cabinet, using model schematics and electronic test equipment.
- 2) Inspects wiring and removes broken wires from units, using soldering iron and pliers.
- 3) Cuts new wires to specified lengths, using wire cutters, or obtains precut wires and re-routes and solders wires to specified terminals, following wiring diagram.
- 4) Repairs defective soldering, using soldering iron.
- 5) Removes, repairs, or replaces defective components, such as resistors, transformers, and capacitors, using soldering iron and handtools.
- 6) May brush touch-up paint on cabinet or case, and varnish on exposed wiring.
Is being an "ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT REPAIRER"
Job Number: 3481