Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates, tests, analyzes, and adjusts precision electromechanical instruments, such as accelerometers, altimeters, electromedical instruments, gyroscopes, temperature probes, and x-ray inspection systems, according to blueprints and other specifications, using handtools, metalworking machines, and precision measuring and testing instruments: Operates metalworking machines, such as bench lathe, milling machine, punch press, and drill press to fabricate housings, fittings, jigs, and fixtures, and verifies dimensions, using precision measuring instruments.
- 2) Assembles wires, insulation, and electrical components, such as resistors and capacitors, following method layouts, using fixtures, binocular microscope, soldering equipment, tweezers, and handtools.
- 3) Installs electrical assemblies and hardware in housing, using handtools and soldering equipment.
- 4) Tests assembled instruments for circuit continuity and operational reliability, using test instruments, such as multimeter, oscilloscope, oscillator, electronic voltmeter, and bridge.
- 5) Analyzes test results and repairs or adjusts instruments according to analysis.
- 6) Records test results and writes report on fabrication techniques used.
- 7) May calibrate instruments according to specifications.
- 8) May specialize in assembly of prototype or production instruments and be designated Development Technician.
Is being an "ELECTROMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTROMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTROMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTROMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 3478