Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Investigates causes and devises means to combat or eliminate electrolysis of water, gas, and oil mains and pipelines resulting from stray electric currents flowing in earth: Determines existence and locates sources of stray electric currents creating electrolytic conditions, using voltmeters, ammeters, and other electrical testing apparatus.
- 2) Recommends preventive and corrective measures for protection of pipe and underground structures, such as use of insulating and corrosion resisting materials.
- 3) Confers with power company personnel and power consumers and suggests methods to eliminate sources of power leakage.
- 4) Studies destructive properties of soil, corrosive actions, and other problems of deterioration, and suggests methods of preventing or mitigating trouble.
- 5) Writes reports of studies and investigations conducted.
- 6) May design and direct installation of cathodic protection stations to minimize and control electrolysis.
- 7) May design and construct apparatus for use in testing materials or determining location of stray electric currents.
Is being an "ELECTROLYSIS-AND-CORROSION-CONTROL ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTROLYSIS-AND-CORROSION-CONTROL ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTROLYSIS-AND-CORROSION-CONTROL ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTROLYSIS-AND-CORROSION-CONTROL ENGINEER"
Job Number: 3477