Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Measures electrical activity of brain waves, using electroencephalograph instrument, and conducts evoked potential response tests for use in diagnosis of brain and nervous system disorders: Measures patient's head and other body parts, using tape measure, and marks points where electrodes are to be placed.
- 2) Attaches electrodes to predetermined locations, and verifies functioning of electrodes and recording instrument.
- 3) Operates recording instruments and supplemental equipment and chooses settings for optimal viewing of nervous system.
- 4) Records montage and instrument settings, and observes and notes patient's behavior during test.
- 5) Conducts visual, auditory, and somatosensory evoked potential response tests to measure latency of response to stimuli.
- 6) Writes technical reports summarizing test results to assist physician in diagnosis of brain disorders.
- 7) May perform other physiological tests, such as electrocardiogram, electrooculogram, and ambulatory electroencephalogram.
- 8) May perform video monitoring of patient's actions during test.
- 9) May monitor patient during surgery, using EEG or evoked potential instrument.
- 10) May supervise other technologists and be known as Chief Electroencephalographic Technologist.
Is being an "ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGIST"
Job Number: 3471