Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and maintains electrical equipment, such as generators, alternators, motors, and intercommunication systems aboard ship: Moves controls at distribution board to maintain electrical load within capacity of generators.
- 2) Starts standby generator when load nears capacity of operating generator.
- 3) Performs routine tests to ensure that electric motors are driving pumps, blowers, and refrigerating machinery.
- 4) Tests wiring for short circuits, using voltmeter and ammeter.
- 5) Replaces and cleans commutator brushes.
- 6) Removes and replaces fuses and defective lights.
- 7) May be classified according to degree of authority held as Electrician, Chief; Electrician, Second; Electrician, Third; or equipment worked on as Electrician, Sound; or area of operations as Electrician, Deck.
- 8) Must hold certificate as Electrician issued by U.
Is being an "ELECTRICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICIAN"
Job Number: 3427