Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and repairs wiring, fixtures, and equipment for all electrical services aboard ship and in shipyard facilities, following blueprints and wiring diagrams: Installs conduit to bulkheads with brackets and screws, using handtools, and threads wires through conduit to terminals, such as connection boxes, circuit breakers, voltage regulators, and switch panels.
- 2) Strips insulation from wire ends and solders ends to terminals, using stripping pliers and soldering iron.
- 3) Connects power-supply circuits to radio, radar, sonar, fire control, and other electronic equipment.
- 4) Tests electrical characteristics, such as voltage, resistance, and phase angle, in circuits, using voltmeters, ohmmeters, and phase rotation indicators.
- 5) May construct instrument panels, using handtools, rulers, dividers, and power drills, following specifications.
- 6) May be designated according to work location as Electrician, Ship; Electrician, Shop; Electrician, Yard.
Is being an "ELECTRICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICIAN"
Job Number: 10799