Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects, tests, and maintains substation electrical equipment, such as oil circuit breakers and transformers: Inspects and tests equipment to detect malfunctioning and determine resistance and load, using voltmeter and ammeter.
- 2) Tests insulators and bushings of equipment for power leakage by imposing specified voltage on insulation through testing apparatus and calculating insulation loss.
- 3) Tests oil in circuit breakers and transformers for dielectric strength.
- 4) May set forms and pour concrete footings for heavy equipment installation.
- 5) May paint, repair, and maintain substation buildings.
Is being an "ELECTRICIAN, SUBSTATION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICIAN, SUBSTATION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICIAN, SUBSTATION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICIAN, SUBSTATION"
Job Number: 3446